[Coco] Reading/Writing Model I/III/4 Disks on a CoCo

billg999 at cs.uofs.edu billg999 at cs.uofs.edu
Thu Sep 5 14:21:44 EDT 2013

> After some further reading, I've found that the 4P supports booting from
> its RS-232 port, a feature which was used for production testing. So,
> given that feature, the 4P *needs* something like ADTpro or DW/Wired! Hmm,
> it might be time for me to learn Z-80 assembler... :)

Well, I don't know that I wold call it "booting".  It has a HEX
loader that it can connect to the serial port.  But that lets you
load a single program.  If you are good at Z80 assembler I suppose
you could write a program that takes HEX input from the serial port
and writes it to the disk.  That could make a way to move disk images
on to the 4P.  If I had one I would probably try it (although I have
more than enough machines that do 5.25" disks to use to make new
4P disks) just for the fun of it.  But I was never willing to pay
the outrageous amounts people were getting for 4Ps.

bill