[Coco] So, does anyone know where to get disk drives?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Sep 3 23:52:31 EDT 2013

On Sep 3, 2013, at 11:13 , Christopher Smith <csmith at wolfram.com> wrote:
> Trick was that it was in a bunch of CoCo stuff, so I got a spare copy of a certain game cart, another 64k CoCo 1, some cables, and a dot matrix printer at the same time.

That's how I ended up with a TP-10 thermal printer. It hitched a ride along with a pair of  DSDD full-height drives in external enclosures, and a cassette cable. The drives and cassette cables were what I actually wanted. One of the drive enclosures also came with a free one-time-only light and sound show when I flipped the power switch... that was exciting!

Considering the weird thermal paper size that the TP-10 uses, I don't know whether I should put it back up on eBay or just store it in that big green metal box out by my gate. That box must be bottomless, because I put more stuff in it every week.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/