[Coco] serial port problem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 31 23:56:12 EDT 2013

Le 2013-10-31 à 22:51:00, Aaron Wolfe a écrit :

> There are a wide variety of troubleshooting tools built into the
> drivewire software.  These will provide much more accurate information
> than tests with terminal programs will.  Before worrying about that, can
> you double check that your cable matches this specification?
>
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/drivewireserver/index.php?title=DriveWire_Specification#Physical_Interface_Requirements

The cable+adaptor is 320 cm long, which is a tiny bit over the recommended
maximum length. Either terminal can use that cable as a loopback using a
paperclip (though my loopback test from the PC doesn't use the adaptor). I
describe this in my last mail to Tormod Volden this evening.

wires. Is it really necessary ? The table only lists 3 pins to be used on
the DB9 side.

I haven't connected the CD pin at all in the CoCo. I just tried doing so,
but it does not seem to make any difference.

Now I noticed that regardless of whether the CD pin is plugged, doing a
DIR 0 (without DRIVE OFF) in HDB causes an UNKNOWN OPCODE 252 in DW. It
seems to be quite reproducible :

   DIR 0   gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 252
   DIR 1   gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 250
   DIR 2   gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 249
   DIR 3   gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 249
   DIR 42  gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 24 then 237
   DIR 128 gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 252
   DIR 129 gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 250
   DIR 130 gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 56 then 229
   DIR 131 gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 56 then 229
   DIR 170 gives UNKNOWN OPCODE 251

after « reset instance device » in DW, though, I don't get any messages in
DW until I restart DW.