[Coco] serial port problem

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 31 21:51:35 EDT 2013

Le 2013-10-31 à 16:49:00, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) a écrit :

> Only the coco1 has the 741. The coco2 and 3 use the SALT chip. It could
> be bad though. I got a coco3 with a bad SALT but it even didn't turn on
> because the SALT chip also does the +5V regulation.

I'm certain that my CoCo3 used to transfer at 9600 bps, though not
necessarily with UltimaTerm. At least we used CocoMax on both the CoCo2
and CoCo3 to transfer to 3 different printers through a serial-parallel
converter (CRC brand). I think that we also did that from TW-80.

We might have tried UltimaTerm with a « null-modem » cable before (a
different one), but I don't remember what speed it was able to run at (it
was over 20 years ago).