[Coco] What would your ideal CoCo cartridge do?

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Mon Oct 28 18:51:42 EDT 2013

Since using modems are passe, I'd envision a high speed serial port to be
used for Drivewire. The chip used doesn't matter as long as DW can work with
it. An OS-9/NitrOS9 driver would be a plus.

It should be possible to write a patch to send printer output from BASIC to
the parallel port. I think Tony DeStefano published an article in Rainbow
about building such a port that did just that.

Ye, the Coco-Max interface was a hi-res mouse interface. Given the scarcity
of CoCo mice, maybe a new implimentation could use USB or PS/2 mice?

-[ Al ]-