[Coco] Building NITROS9

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 28 05:45:49 EDT 2013

I'm having trouble creating the Nitros9 build environment on my XP system.

>From the instructions at

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/nitros9/index.php?
title=Building_NitrOS9_in_Windows_using_MinGW

I have downloaded :

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=files

Looking for the latest version? Download mingw-get-setup.exe (86.5 kB)

Which is named slightly differently to the instructions :

"Looking for the latest version? Download mingw-get-inst-XXXXXXX.exe" and
click it,

But I'll assume I have copied the correct file.

The next instructions are to

Install with defaults other than these two exceptions:
On the Repository Catalogues page, choose "Download latest repository
catalogue"
On the Select Components page, add check by "MSYS Basic System"

I'm having trouble identifying the "Download latest repository catalogue"
option. I cannot see any obviously button or menu option, except maybe

Installation->Update Catalogue

So I select that and select (mark) the MSYS Base System package.

And then select Installation->Apply Changes.

It downloads items for several minutes and then sits there.

I can see a lot of files have been placed into c:\MinGW but I cant identify
any applications and I cant find the MinGW shell as described in the
instructions.

Open MinGW Shell (a new icon that has been added to your start menu during
the MinGW install)

I haven't used MingW before so I'm clueless at this stage.

Any help appreciated