[Coco] What would your ideal CoCo cartridge do?

Matthew Stock stock at bexkat.com
Sun Oct 27 21:16:24 EDT 2013

Aaron,

I think you'll like this.  Just a prototype, but...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pVCwODbx7MaVNDU2tWNTNtU00/edit?usp=sharing

Mark, the WizNet chip that this module is based on takes care of a lot of
the TCP/IP/phy stack on-chip.  It can handle a few connections at a time,
and can both listen and initiate connections.  It does not have DHCP
in-chip however, and so if you didn't have a static IP defined, that code
would need to live on the Coco somewhere.

The connection to the host device is pretty simple - it uses a simple
serial interface to communicate (SPI) and has a memory range with
registers, etc.  The Coco interface I was imagining was two of the SCS
bytes - one of byte in/out (to pass to the WizNet chip), and a second for
control/status.  Interacting with that port would need to be handled by a
Coco driver however.
  -Matt