[Coco] hardware scrolling

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 26 01:53:27 EDT 2013

This is not a new feature. It's been known. I just don't think that
anyone used it.

Does anyone know of a CoCo 1/2 game that actually used the ability to
set start of video for vertical or horizontal scrolling? I think
everyone just used software which allowed for 1 byte movement. As it
stands, it jumps in increments of several bytes (6?).

Also, same problem as the CoCo3 GIME... it moves the whole screen.

Simon, your next challenge is split screen scrolling which I think the
VDG would be able to do by syncing on the horizontal scanlines and
changing the $FF22 at set points.

Nick