[Coco] 80 column pak prototype

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 12:43:41 EDT 2013

Mark you might be right about the weak signal. If it was a wrong bit all
instances of the same character would be changed what is not the case.
Also, cursor positioning seems to be working and they all use the same data
bus.

Another topic, should I keep the FF78/79  or should use: FF76/77, FF74/75
or even FF72/73 ?

The FF78/79 is the same of the superIDE RTC. It's is going to mess with it
when using together.

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Mark Marlette <mmarlette at frontiernet.net>wrote:

> Luis,
>
> Fun stuff!
>
> On the note of strange characters. As it appears that these proto-boards
> are a good thing, they are not good for digital design at MHZ rates.
>
> The CoCo's address bus is not buffered, unless you have a Pro-Tector+, so
> just driving through the ribbon cable to your board will be degraded. My
> tests shown ~3-4" was max, YMMV.
>
> The proto-board adds capacitance to every point, some cases that is good,
> most cases it is not.
>
> So your circuit can be wired electrically correct and it still will not
> work just by how you physically built it. That is not to say you don't have
> a wiring issue. :)
>
> Generally it is cheaper and will yeild better results to have a board made.
>
> My $0.02.
>
> Any case, enjoy and continue your great work on the software and hardware!
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
> http://www.cloud9tech.com

Long live the CoCo