[Coco] CoCo Cassette Relay (Remote)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 21:42:15 EDT 2013

Ok a search of this relay seems to say that it's an "obsolete" part.  I
can't really find any real information on it.  Looking at the bottom side of
the relay though I'm pretty sure I've identified which pins are doing what.
The 2 coil pins are obvious.  Of the other 3, 2 pins seem to be normally
closed according to my multimeter, then OPEN when the latch drops.  Looking
at the pin-holes in the CoCo board, there are traces from these 2 pins back
to the CoCo din at different pins, which makes sense.  I also popped the
transparent cover off the top of the relay, perhaps I can clean some
contacts.

Worse case scenario, the operation of this parts seems VERY simple.  A
simple 5V relay wired to the correct pin points would substitute this one.
If the pins don't line up to the mounting location (which they probably
wouldn't)  I'll just 'improvise" :)

I will post my findings in case anyone else becomes interested in the future
(i.e. faces similar problem)