[Coco] The chinese crt9128 works!

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 10:21:05 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I tested the chips I got from a chinese supplier:

pic.twitter.com/7CMG1d1vv4 <http://t.co/7CMG1d1vv4>

pic.twitter.com/m5PCcisX2R <http://t.co/m5PCcisX2R>

They are PHILIPS branded and they work fine. This chips work exaclty like
the SMC version incuding the overscan :P

Yep, this card has an annoying overscan the first and the last lines are
not visible in some TV or monitors. Unless you have an underscan option
(like the sony PVM has) you end up not seeing those lines.

But this is something I can fix in software driver using only 22 lines
instead of 24.

I will proceed with the prototype in wire-up and they I will make few test
cards. I'll be putting the card on osh park in case you guys want to make
your own.

--
Long live the CoCo