[Coco] CoCo Hard Drive History

Theodore (Alex) Evans alxevans at concentric.net
Sun Oct 13 19:20:55 EDT 2013

On 13-10-13 06:06 PM, Tim Fadden wrote:

> The Disto 4in1 adapter is SCSI not SASI. I use it with several different
> SCSI drives.  They have to be SCSI 1 though.  I doubt SASI even existed
> back then.  IT is a follower of the SCSI interface, and is relatively
> new. Serial Attached SCSI is what it stands for.

The Disto board is indeed SCSI, I first used mine with a Seagate
ST296N, but SASI stands for Shugart Associates System Interface and is
the predecessor to SCSI.  My understanding is that there is little to
no difference between SASI and SCSI-1 and that yo ushould be able to
control SCSI devices with a SCSI interface and vice-versa.  Serial
Attached SCSI is abbreviated SAS.

--
Theodore (Alex) Evans