[Coco] CoCo Hard Drive History

Daniel Campos daniel.campus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 18:39:01 EDT 2013

Em 12/10/2013 19:15, Mark J. Blair escreveu:
> I recently got an OS-9 Level 2 package for the CoCo 3. This is my first time experimenting with OS-9. I may upgrade to NitrOS-9 someday, but I'm going to get familiar with this original OS-9 with its matching manual first.
>
> The manual makes several mentions of hard drives. Were there any commercially supported hard drive packages for the CoCo back when it was in production, or are these mentions of hard drive support leakage from other OS-9 distributions, or referring to something that folks were expected to home-brew, etc.? I do not recall ever seeing a hard drive package for the CoCo back then, but I quit paying much attention to anything CoCo-related around 1985 or so.

http://cyberabi.ipower.com/Gallery/CoCo/index.html

By the way, I just received this yesterday:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109345699838454178536/InterfacesDeDriveEOutrasEncomendas#5933650780058417810

https://picasaweb.google.com/109345699838454178536/InterfacesDeDriveEOutrasEncomendas#5933650866491915538

Now I have to find a fully functional MFM hard drive to use with this
beast.
Can I still find the software for this anywhere?

Daniel