[Coco] Is it possible to use that as a remote OS-9 terminal ?

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sat Oct 12 18:06:46 EDT 2013

On Oct 10, 2013, at 06:58 , Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) <retrocanada76 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATA-TERMINAL-Radio-Shack-Tandy-DT100-for-TRS80-Model-16-16B-user-station-/231069455852?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item35ccd015ec
>
> probably one needs the RS232 for that ?

That DT100 physically looks a lot like a Wyse 950 terminal that I recently acquired, particularly with that custom keyboard connector. I googled a bit and found this comment:

"The DT-100 is really a WYSE 75, that does a reasonable job of ANSI emulation.
Its designer is somewhere in Taiwan." (from https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.tandy/d29HONFYU5A)

That doesn't directly answer your question, but it may be easier to answer "will a (common) Wyse 75 work well as an OS-9 terminal" than "will a Tandy DT100 work well as an OS-9 terminal".

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/