[Coco] OT: Self-modifying email??!!

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sat Oct 12 01:05:34 EDT 2013

Thanks, Aaron.  That certainly seems like the most logical
explanation.  I hadn't realized that images displayed in an email
message need not reside in the message itself.

This gives me an idea for a great email application for those who
occasionally experience Sender's Remorse.  Or those with less
honorable intentions.

The application takes the message you've typed in and turns it into an
image.  The email is then sent out as a link to an image in a web
location controlled by the sender.  To the recipient, the image
appears as ordinary text.

If the sender later wants to change or delete what he's sent, he just
changes the content of the image that the sent email points to.

Recipient:  "But you said...."

Sender:  "No, I didn't!  Just look again at the message I sent you!"

(...I could have SWORN he said he's only charging me THIS amount!)

Sort of like the revising of history envisioned by George Orwell in '1984'!

Art