[Coco] So, I have this NitrOS-9 disk...

Christopher Smith csmith at wolfram.com
Fri Oct 11 19:28:58 EDT 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "David Ladd" <drencor at gamepixel.net>
> To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>

> Well at this point anything is possible.
> Have you tried to download the current nightly 3.2.9 NitrOS-9 L1 40T
> DSDD
> images to real floppy?

No, there's a bit of a chicken and egg problem there.  I can't get images written to a double sided floppy unless I can get them onto a machine that understands how to write double-sided floppies.  I have Drivewire working far enough to restore single-sided images from BASIC, but I haven't booted OS-9 with it.  I was hoping to get the double-sided OS-9 disk to boot, perhaps load up the DW driver therein, and use that to write the new one.  I do have an older (from cocoos9.sourceforge.net) single-sided OS9 image running just fine on it, but it doesn't seem to have dmode and I haven't figured out how I can even get access to the double-sided disk from there to see what may be wrong.  If it were something in the startup file, I should be able to just pull it out, but I have no idea precisely how to do that yet.  I _might_ be able to take the double-sided NitrOS floppy and boot it on the CoCo 3.  Haven't tried yet either.

Of course, I could just dig up an old PC and fit it with a 5.25" drive to write out the images, but that will be a longer-term project.  I was hoping there was a quicker way to do it.

Chris

--
Christopher Smith
Systems Engineer, Wolfram Research