[Coco] Looking for a ROM bin

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 09:50:39 EDT 2013

On 10/10/2013 2:15 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

> I'm surprised that anyone uses CoCoNet at all?  Isn't it a dead product?
>
> What features does it offer over DriveWire?  Seems like it only ever
> aspired to be more-or-less the same thing to me...
>
> Just my $0.02...
>
> John

While it is a dead product, that doesn't mean it's totally useless - it
may not serve a purpose for some people, but, the DrivePak was a very
good product; I still use mine quite a bit.
CoCoNet itself offered a few features I liked better then DriveWire 3,
like the ability to access real floppy hardware, disk images on a PC and
access to disk images on the DrivePak, all at the same time without
having to restart with different ROMs. But, CoCoNet was an incomplete
product and the lack of a server side disk swapping capability severely
hurt it. Roger did release it for the 'community' to take further, but,
nobody took him up on the offer, AFAIK...

Brian