[Coco] HDBDOS >>DRIVE OFF

Brett Gordon beretta42 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 09:52:48 EDT 2013

I believe Robert is correct.  The HDB variable that implements the "DRIVE
OFF" is setup via code in lower memory by HDB itself after booting.  I
don't think you can just "poke" the ROM easily... the setup code is in
different places in the ROM depending on which flavor of HDB your running,
and you'll have to modify HDB source and reassemble the HDB ROM.  -OR- you
can issue the "DRIVE OFF" command from within BASIC after booting.  It
would be nice if this variable had a straight forward ROM mirror as my
CoCoBoot project could set this up dynamically at bootup.

Sincerely,