[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

nickma at optusnet.com.au nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 8 21:27:36 EDT 2013

> that why i love the coco1 and want to make more with it.

You've nailed it. Now it's all clear.

I too enjoy making my CoCo3 do more and better things, especially if
it's something that was thought beyond it's abilities.

You have the same feeling with your CoCo1 and I totally admire that
spirit.

Which is also why I'm not sold on emulators for anything but
convenience. I like taking something small and making it do big
things.

An emulator on a PC/MAC is the opposite. It's taking something big and
dumbing it down to do small things. I just can't get excited by that.

The CoCo1 was never a favorite of mine. I hated the VDG chip. But I
can't let this bias cloud my judgement and overshadow my respect for
what you are trying to achieve.

But, why only take it one step forward with that 80x24 mono video chip
when there is another which, for not much effort more, can take it 2
or 3 steps forward?

Why just go to the next block when you could reach for the stars!

Nick