[Coco] OS-9 80-column driver is ready

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 18:27:32 EDT 2013

course i'm thinking on coco3 and dragons as well.

i need to find the schematics of the dragon plus :)

On 2013-10-08, at 6:08 PM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Nick Marentes wrote:
> I assume that this is for a CoCo 1/2 or Dragon?
>
> Because on a CoCo3... what's the point?

I don't think anyone been thinking about the CoCo3 here.

> That definately will improve the OS-9 experience on these older CoCo's...
> but running Level 1 OS-9 at .89Mhz? Duel video may be a novelty.
>
> Can this chip create a bit mapped display rather than just a text screen?
>
> I can see it being usefull if it could do a bit mapped display even if only
> monochrome. Otherwise, these old style 70's terminal displays are just so...
> out-of-date.

lol, out-of-date :) You mean that as good or bad? This is the CoCo
mailing list isn't it?

> Certainly not a head turner I'm afraid.

If you have been constrained to 32x16 characters, this is definitely a
head turner.

Tormod