[Coco] PopStar Pilot - Another chapter added

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Sun Oct 6 03:42:41 EDT 2013

 > I've not looked closely at the GIME, but it's probably just like the
 > VDG: instead of 525 line ~30Hz interlaced, it generates 262 line ~60Hz
 > progressive. No half lines, etc..

I don't know if it's progressive. I thought all "old-school" monitors
such as the CM-8 were interlaced. Progressive was part of VGA monitors.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone shed some light on this?

Is the CoCo producing 30 frames per second interlaced (30 blank fields
interlaced with active fields) or is it actually producing 60 frames
progressive?

Nick