[Coco] HDBDOS >>DRIVE OFF

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 5 23:55:31 EDT 2013

crap... was about to flash and realized that address is not part of HC000 rom space ugh...

Sent from my Asus Transformer Infinity

Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Well i may have found the "trick" I was looking for.  I wrote a quick & dirty BASIC program to toggle DRIVE ON/OFF while scanning addresses and looking for changes...started at drive table area in the 65500 range going backwards.... should have started from 0 upwards LOL...

key address seems to be at decimal 334.  poking a 0 here seems to put in DRIVE ON mode (rom default).   poking a 4 here made it access physical floppy just like DRIVE OFF.   These are the values returned from PEEKing that address after issuing that command as well....

Now time to test...  I will flash a modded HDBOS rom in my FD502 controller and see if it autoboots floppy..  crossing fingers...

Robert Gault <robert.gault at att.net> wrote:

Chad H wrote:
> yea but that would only work with from DriveWire disk#0 which i'm trying to have the option of doing without... physical floppies only.  HDBDOS may have been made for hdd setups but it enhances the floppy experience as well.

Hmmm, there was a function in RGBDOS that made drives 0-3 floppies if a hard
drive was not present. Still AUTOEXEC.BAS was not automatically run from floppy
drive 0.
HDBDOS for Drivewire will not even automatically switch to floppies if Drivewire
is not running or there is no drive mounted in DW drive0.