[Coco] Now using VCC as well as MESS

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 21:26:16 EDT 2013

I decided today was the day to see if VCC would run on this PC. I started
using MESS 1.36b on my laptop because VCC wouldn't even launch on it. This
computer is different hardware, but the same XP Pro I installed on the
laptop. I figured the hardware difference could do the trick, and I was
right.

Instead of downloading the 3.2.8 vhd image on the site, I set the FD-502
drive 0 to my 80-track boot floppy image, and the HD drive 0 to my vhd
image. I set the keyboard to OS9 mapping and started the emulation. It
worked flawlessly.

I am wanting to see if I can get the Becker port working, but there's
nothing in the emulation help about it, and nothing in the way of options
in the config or devices menus.

I will research that more tomorrow. My question is, will I be able to use
the Becker port as a way to telnet to another location, such as IRC. I am
(not at this moment) writing a IRC client, and being able to telnet through
the Becker port would allow me to test the software locally.

Wayne