[Coco] C compiler crashes VCC with Nitros9

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Oct 3 10:57:43 EDT 2013

Walter ZAMBOTTI wrote:
> Microware CC1 (Level 1) (from http://www.nitros9.org/latest/cc.dsk)
> VCC 1.4.2
> Nitros9 3.2.8 (Nitros9.vhd from http://www.nitros9.org/nitros9project.zip)
> (Not sure why the hard disk is not 3.2.9)
>
> I inserted Nitros9.vhd to HD0 & CC.dsk to /d0
>
> Boots (DOS255) ok and then I copied the CC disk to the hard drive:
> /d0/cmds/* to /dd/cmds
> /d0/defs/* to /dd/defs
> /d0/lib/* to /dd/lib
> /d0/sources/* to /dd/sources
> /d0/sources/sys/* to /dd/sources/sys
>
> Then I tried compiling one of the provided samples:
>
> chd /dd/sources
> cc1 line.c
> (VCC instantly crashes)
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Wal

More or less works for me. At least VCC does not crash and line.c compiles when
I boot NitrOS9 3.2.9 from a .vhd image mounted in VCC 1.4.2, do a
cx /d0/cmds                             cx cd (aka chx chd)
cd /d0/sources
cc1 line.c

So ... it looks like you may not have configured VCC correctly or something is
wrong with your OS-9 setup. Can you supply more details on both?

Robert