[Coco] Penpal disk...

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Tue Oct 1 11:03:11 EDT 2013

I bought a program back in day called Penpal (reviewed in the April 1986 Rainbow, pg 184)

I’m trying to image all my disks to make backups. This one, and the data disk for it, give me I/O errors.

1. Does someone have an image of this disk?

2. The review doesn’t say, but does anyone remember if this software is protected against copying?

3. Wasn’t there copy utilities for the CoCo? I seem to remember Disk OmniClone.

Also, some of my disks for the Coco Graphics Designer Plus don’t work. I need images of the complete set if anyone has them. The zip file on the archive site is only one disk. It doesn’t have the fonts, borders, and clipart disks we supplied. My habit was to take a backup copy of the master set home for safekeeping in case of a fire. Stewart used to have sets of disks too. As you can imagine, he no longer has those. Whatever I have, or can find is all that’s left of Zebra System’s software.

As well as Spectrum Projects. I have masters of everything up to 1987 or so. But, nothing after that.

I still have to get my disk storage box down from the high shelf so I can see what’s in it.

What do people use today to store and organize 5.25” floppies?

-[ Al ]-