[Coco] Loading ASCII BASIC over serial?

Chris Osborn fozztexx at fozztexx.com
Tue Oct 1 00:47:39 EDT 2013

How can I load a BASIC program saved as an ASCII file on another over the serial port into Extended BASIC? I did get DriveWire and NitrOS9 working last night, but couldn't figure out how to get back into Extended BASIC. And I have no idea how to copy a single file over from the PC with DriveWire either.

I messed around with some of the utilities here too: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~yakowenk/coco.html

I was able to get COMM4 on the CoCo2, as well as CSAVEM and CSAVEB, but after sending over the ASCII BASIC program and using CSAVEB to write it to tape, I just get DS ERROR trying to read it back in.