[Coco] Microware OS-9 Manuals

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Nov 28 11:07:21 EST 2013

On 11/28/2013 09:23 AM, Greg Law wrote:
> Thanks, these don't have the complete LSN 0 information either. You
> have the Tandy OS-9 Level 2 Technical Reference and the Microware OS-9
> System Programmer's Manual (which will come in handy for a bit of
> cross-referencing), but neither of these completely cover LSN 0. Both
> these have DD.SPT (sectors per track) followed by DD.RSV (reserved)
> and I think one of the two reserved bytes is actually something like
> DD.T0S that specifies the number of sectors in Track 0 since it can be
> different than DD.SPT. I think the Gimix and other SWTPC versions of
> OS-9 used something like 10 sectors on Track 0 and 16 or 18 sectors
> for all remaining tracks.

I have PDFs of OS-9 manuals that purport to have come with a GIMIX
system.  I got them off the net somewhere, but don't recall at the
moment where from, and a quick search doesn't find them online.  The
manuals were scanned without OCR, so they're fairly large.  All the
GIMIX documentation is about 127M, though the OS-9 User Manual is only
about 10M.  Should I upload them to one of the aforementioned sites?

JCE