[Coco] Need to Port NitrOS-9 6x09 L2 to N8VEM's New 6x0x Board

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 21:37:03 EST 2013

Awesome project.  I am going to see if my awful soldering will serve well
enough to build one.  Definitely interested in helping with an OS9 port.

On Nov 24, 2013 3:21 AM, "Kip Koon" <computerdoc at sc.rr.com> wrote:

> Hi To All Who Wish To Participate In Porting NitrOS-9 6x09 L2 to N8VEM's
New
> 6x0x Board!
>
> N8VEM is well underway with a New 6x0x Board Project that is currently in
> the Schematic Design and PCB Layout stage.  It is being designed to
support
> the MC68B09P 8-Bit Microprocessor as well as the MC68B02P and the 2MHZ
> G65SC02P processors on a single PCB with an ATX style footprint and power
> supply as well as a VME Rack footprint.  My focus is of course on the
> MC68B09P MPU.  N8VEM is including for the first time an MMU for the 6809
> processor giving the 6809 based system 16 logical pages of 4KB of ram
memory
> on the board specifically so a modified version of NitrOS-9 6x09 L2 could
be
> used on this new platform.  It will have 512KB of SRAM and 512KB of FLASH
> for a total memory of 1MB.  It also has an SD Card for online storage.  A
> propeller subsystem provides interfaces for VGA output and PS/2 Keyboard
> input.  Other features include a timer, parallel ports, and a serial port.
> One of the many selling points for this 6x0x -  6809/6802/6502 Single
Board

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/70935723/Printing%20ECB%206x0x-sch

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/file/fetch/70935717/Printing%20ECB%206x0x-brd
> .pdf
>

> The documents "6x0x-6u.pdf", "6x0x-6U status.pdf" are 3weeks old.  Refer
> the two above mentioned documents for the latest schematic and board
layout
> information.
>

> Major ICs currently included in the November 21, 2013 version of the
> Schematic (Not listed are small support chips and glue logic.) are:
>

> 3 - 8-Bit Microprocessors (Only 1 can be used at a time)
>
>             MC68B09P 2MHZ MPU
>
>             MC68B02P 2MHZ MPU
>
>             G65SC02P 2MHZ MPU
>

> Memory
>
>             28C16AP
>
> 628128
>

> Parallel Ports
>
> MC68B21P PIA
>
> G65SC22P VIA x 2
>

> Timer
>
>             MC6840 PTM
>

> RS-232 Serial Port
>
>             G65SC51P ACIA
>

> Propeller Based Terminal
>
>             VGA Output
>
>             PS/2 keyboard
>

> All interested parties are welcome to come on board to get NitrOS-9 ported
> to this new and interesting platform.  It will fit in a VME Rack or ATX PC
> case and has an ECB Bus connector so N8VEM's ECB Backplanes are
compatible.
> If I remember correctly, there are 4, 8, and 12 slot versions of the ECB
> Backplane currently available as well as many optional ECB cards that
could
> be used with this board adding more features to this platform.  Optional
> cards currently have the dimensions of the Eurocard 3U size (100mm x
160mm).
> This new 6x0x board will be the first card to be designed with Eurocard 6U
> dimensions.  The Eurocard 6U size is 233mm x 160mm.   The main project
heads
> (as far as I know) are Andrew Lynch and John Coffman with many others
> assisting in schematic design and review and PCB trace route cleanup.
 Again