[Coco] upcoming NitrOS-9 release

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:02:06 EST 2013

yes there is minted as screen text editor

On Nov 18, 2013, at 5:59 PM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:

Now that NitrOS-9 seems to be in a better condition than for a long
time, I would like to make a formal release soon. Releasing ToolShed
was one prerequisite*, another one is to get everything back on the
default branch so that we don't release from a topic branch. Just as a
heads-up for those of you working on or pulling from the mercurial
repository, I plan the following:
1. Dummy merge of default branch into lwtools-port (disregarding
changes from default, this is just to make (3) work.
2. Tag the current (old) default branch as 3.2.9 (just as a bookmark)
3. Merge lwools-port into default
4. Close lwtools-port. All development will then continue on the
default branch (or new topic branches when they are needed)!
5. Last minute fixes if there is any
6. Tag and release 3.2.10

Please tell me if there is something you really think should be fixed
before the new release.

There was also some discussion about calling it 3.2.10 or 3.3.0. My
take on this is that there is not much changes from the user
perspective, just the compiler used in the build process has changed
which should in principle not change the final product. Or are there
noteworthy new features?

Best regards,
Tormod

*) It should be sufficient to use the latest stable release of all
tools to build a release, and not having to hunt down development
snapshots.