[Coco] New Release "UltiMusE III v 10.11.3A"

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 17 18:32:24 EST 2013

Gene,
I figured you'd comment on the hardcopy bit :-)
The problem is in the various "C compilers" Mike used throughout the 10 years or so he did revisions. In the end he was using c.comp but c.comp fails on several modules with "out of memory" errors. I ended up reverting back to c.pass1 & c.pass2 to build the files. All was well till it hit "print.c" which has a complex comparrison line the stumps c.pass2. It will compile in c.comp. There's no way to mix the compiles as they store the variables differently. I'm working on how to break down the offending line but my C expertise is not up to that level yet So if anyone can tell me how to break down this line into several lines, I can get "hardcopy" back to working.

notey = drindiv((slot==INSTR) ? DINS : ((slot==LEVEL) ? DXLV : ((slot==MCHOP) ? DMCH : DPEV) ) ), notex, evp->show.PARTNO, ((slot==IPEVT) ? -1 : evp->show.PARAM1);

And yes, that's all one line. c.pass2 pukes on it, so I fake on ond compile of it to fill space and it no longer works. I know there's a way to break it down but not in my realm of knowledge yet :-)

Another problem with the hardcopy routine is that it eats up global variable space which is running slim to none. The only other feature I would eliminate is "Keypad" which was an edition Mike made in one of the last revisions to faciliate using the keyboard instead of mouse. It's awkward and cumbersome in use and the whole program is better suited for mouse usage.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com