[Coco] DD-WRT

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 16 23:27:26 EST 2013

I just spent two evenings putting DD-WRT on a Belkin dual band router.  It is getting lower connect speeds, but it is the weekend and all the neighbors' devices my be slowing it down, though.  I do think it was faster with the original firmware.  Boosted output too much and it quit broadcasting til it cooled crown.  Will try to lower power and see if speeds increase; if so I'll add a cooling fan.  the Nook HD+ never gets above 72 MBPS, but the desktop upstairs used to run108 to 150 MBPS, tonight it dropped as low as 26.  Next experiment will be a 5:GHz adapter for the desktop.