[Coco] Somewhat OT: The life of a systems programmer

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Sat Nov 16 01:15:24 EST 2013

I agree with this description of C++. C is a nice and easy language to use.
The original C++ wasn't quite so bad, although it wasn't really anything
more than a preprocessor in front of the C preprocessor. The C++ language we
have today is such a bureaucratic mess.

On the other hand, both C and C++ are effectively what I call one-handed
languages because the other hand is tediously stuck on the SHIFT key. The
person that came up with the brilliant idea that constants and enumerations
should SCREAM ought to be hung or something. Maybe I'm just old, but I can't
crank out C/C++ code for more than about an hour before my hands wear out. I
don't have this problem with languages that stick to camel and Pascal case.