[Coco] CoCo experimenter/prototyping board

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 22:09:32 EST 2013

I found this way to prototyping:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYhG0SMCAAA3LmQ.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYhG50ECYAAWwr_.jpg:large

Basically:

a 40 pin male edge connector with L pins (sullins brand found at digikey or
future electronics)
an IDE cable (check if all pins are connected)
an IDE female connector with long pins where I bent to fit the two
protboard sections

The ide cable you have to cut and reassembly at desired length.

The prototype works fine even if its connected to an Y cable.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM, <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> With the success of the blank eprom board, I was thinking that a
> useful board to have is a experimenter or prototyping board.
>
> I would envision a board that would plug inside a standard CoCo game
> Pak but occupy the entire space with pads and tracks that a user can
> connect their own parts.
>
> The edge connector would be there to connect to the CoCo bus.
>
> Or maybe a board that takes the CoCo bus signals to an external
> experimenter board. Maybe include buffering to protect the CoCo?
>
> I'm no hardware expert but the biggest obstacle I have always found in
> delving into hardware for my CoCo is having a conveniant way to attach
> to my contraptions to the CoCo bus.
>
> Nick

Long live the CoCo