[Coco] BAS binary format

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Nov 6 13:54:49 EST 2013

Le 2013-11-06 à 11:28:00, Theodore (Alex) Evans a écrit :

> On 11/06/2013 10:22 AM, Johann Klasek wrote:
>> The stringconstant case is missing. While in "..." you must not
>> expand token codes.
>
> Except that the Color BASIC etc. *do* expand token codes in string constants
> when you do a program listing.

Yup, I remember that the Chromasette source code would even cause
ColorBASIC's (and any extension thereof) to pause at specific points in
the source, and perhaps sometimes freeze entirely (?)... I don't remember
very well, but I still have such files somewhere. That's because they
contain lots of binary data directly in strings, which get expanded as
keywords and... somehow, sometimes it fails, but I don't know the cause of
it (I have not read the ROM's source).