[Coco] CGP115

Stan Blazejewski stanblaz at optusnet.com.au
Wed Nov 6 02:00:06 EST 2013

Close but not quite the solution.

I managed to do a permanent fix by drilling out the original cracked
gears till they were a slide on fit (but not sloppy), doing the
wet-n-dry bit & then super gluing the gears on.

You'll notice that the crack closes as soon as you take the gear off.
The idea is to put the gears back on 'without' stressing the plastic
in any way, hence the drilling out.

I had many years of trouble free use after doing this fix.

http://www.cobracat.com (home of the Australian Cobra Catamaran)
http://www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)