[Coco] More and more...

Louis Ciotti lciotti1 at gmail.com
Fri May 31 18:27:42 EDT 2013

I feel for you BIll, but I can also see the sellers side of the
transaction, having sold use/old electronics.  You made two purchases of
old CoCos listed as is, no returns with a description of "I think it
works".  Can't really fault the seller on this one.  It is not like they
were listed as "works great,like new"

I tend to shy away from selles like that, although I have sold some items
that I did not know if they worked or not (vacuum tubes is an example).
But I have always clearly state I unknown working condition, and untested.
Not one buyer has complained.

On shipping, that has really gone crazy.  I try to use flat rate boxes when
ever possibly.  If not I use e-bays shipping calculator, and it usually is
close enough.  I have also taken a bath on shipping where I though no way
can it be over 30 bucks only to have it cost 50.  So far the most expensive
item I shipped was to Austrailia, but the buyer was willing to pay it, so
off it went.

Like others have said if you are willing to open up the CoCo with the
garbage on the screen, I am sure we can get it working.  Heck I may even
have a processor kicking around you can have ( I will look tonight), of
course I may not find it as I have put a bunch of stuff in storage with my
house on the market, I did not want to have a pile of old computers for
would be buyers to wonder about.