[Coco] Just learning OS-9 - Questions

nickma at optusnet.com.au nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue May 28 01:55:23 EDT 2013

>You quickly run into trouble, not all "OS-9 modules/driver/commands
known to
>mortal man" are known by one person, or even a large group of
persons.

And this raises another suggestion.

Yes, it will be difficult to obtain every driver "known to mortal man"
but my suggestion is that a set of install disks that contain most of
these drivers/modules be supplied with updates occurring as new
drivers are submitted.

One disk with CMDS, another with Device Drivers etc.

Then, as part of the "smarts" in the installer program, it would look
at these folders/disks, tally up what's there automatically and
present the options for selection.

Or, a system where new modules are added to the archive and the
details appended to a bootlist or "registry" file that the main
installer reads.

Maybe as part of the installer, a sub-menu to allow user additions to
the main bootlist which asks the user what the new driver is, what
it's called and where it's to be stored. Then the main installer will
know about the new addition to present to the user when doing a main
system install.

It can be done.

Nick