[Coco] TRS-80 X-Pad

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri May 24 13:56:01 EDT 2013

Hi,
I've recently aquired a TRS-80 X-Pad for the Coco. These were made back in the Coco 2 & 2 days. For those who are not familiar with the X-Pad, it's a pen & drawing tablet for the Coco. It has a cart connected to the port.
What I want to know, is there any problems interfacing the X-Pad to OS-9? I would really like to try to do something in Level 2 with it and I know the X-Pad only has a 256x192 resolution but I also know that's pretty easy to overcome. This is done with standard joysticks all the time with neat little math tricks and arrow keys. It would be at home in Level 1.
A driver could be written to handle it's control codes and it could make for an intersting interface for some interesting projects.
The X-Pad uses ports $FF60, $FF61, & $FF62 (X, Y, Cursor status).
These are also the addresses used by the CocoMax Hi-Res interface.

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com