[Coco] OS-9 Startup script

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Thu May 16 13:30:20 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 11:03:33AM -0400, Bill Pierce wrote:

> Does anyone know the proper syntax to change the "default" work
> directory from the startup script?  If I do:
>
> chd /dd/xxx
> shell i=/w&
>
> The new window will be in the xxx dir but the main window will revert back to /dd

Yeah, what happens is that the shell running startup exits, then a new
shell is forked for /term.

I think you can have a s.t.a.r.t.u.p script that is run when a shell
starts?  Check the shell+ docs.  Otherwise you'll have to get
complicated. :-(  I think the "official" way would be to use tsmon.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard