[Coco] BASIC09 - How good is it?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue May 14 03:54:20 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 6:03 PM, George Ramsower <georgera at gvtc.com> wrote:
> Nick Marentes <nickma at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Are BASIC09 programs essentially compiled for final execution?
>>
>>How does it compare in speed to RS-DOS BASIC?
>>
>>Nick
>>

>  I've found the compiled B09 file to be no faster than the uncompiled B09
> program.

I believe basic09 "compiles" your text into icode before executing
anyway, so they are equivalent?  Wayne would know for sure.

B09 code executes much, much faster than RS basic code.  It is not
exactly interpreted, though not exactly compiled 6809 code either.
Maybe "pre interpreted" would be the word?