[Coco] question about MPI and Orch-90

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue May 7 11:14:05 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 7 2013 at 11:02 AM, Todd Wallace wrote:

Ok I swapped out the chips.  Both say TANDY on them. And unfortunately I'm
> getting the same result with this alternate chip.  PEEK (&HFF90) still
> reports 255.  Perhaps the newer chip was just an newer version of the
> coco1/coco2 one.  Rogelio, I heard that the unmodded version on a coco3 has
> memory conflicts that can result in crashes, data corrupt, etc. I want to
> get this working properly for coco3 and i have no equipment for coco1/coco2
> anyways

I guess I've been living on the edge here... for years I have used both the
26-3024 (big) and 26-3124 (smaller) MPIs on my CoC 3 with no upgrade, not a
single time I have ran across a problem. And yet, a little voice kept on
yelling at me that I anything happened to my data it was going to be my
fault :-)

Been meaning to upgrade the 3124 MPI for a long while now, just to quiet
that little voice.

Todd, Cloud9 (cloud9tech.com) sells the upgrade PAL for the 3024 MPI. The
PEEK method is a sure fire way to find out what you have, haven't heard of
that failing to not identify if your PAL is CoCo 3 proper or not.

-- RP