[Coco] Model 100 keyboards... OT but maybe not

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 19:08:34 EDT 2013

With all the talk on keyboards and the mention of an M-100 it reminded me...
I have an old Model 100 that the LCD was frozen (literally) and now has large black lines covering most of the screen. Other than that, it functions. You can see the operations going on between the black blobs when you press a key.

My question is, how much difference is there in a Model 100 keyboard and a coco keyboard? Could the 100 be keyboard be wired for a Coco?

I got the 100 from a friend who was throwing out old computer stuff and messed with it for about a month. I was carrying it to work and fooling with it at lunch. I then left it in the car one night and that's when the temp dropped to about 10 degrees. The next day the screen had the blobs. Since then, it's been in the Tandy hardshell brief case, the one they made for the 100, and hasn't been touched. I did look online and found LCDs for the 100 for about $50. Is it worth it? I definately liked the little machine. I found online where they have a card storage system for it now. Similar to sIED without the IDE :-)

Bill Pierce
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com