[Coco] Weird CoCo 2 keyboard problem -- any ideas?

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Fri Mar 29 12:46:06 EDT 2013

I just discovered a weird keyboard problem on one of my CoCo 2 boxes.
Before I dig into, I thought I might ping the list to see if anyone
thinks it sounds obvious or familiar...

The box in question doesn't seem to recognize when a type a '?'.
PIA problem, right?  Well, could be...but it recognizes '/' (i.e. the
same physical key) with no problem.  And it recognizes all the other
keys on the same row and all on the same column, and all of those
work with the Shift key depressed as well.

So, it is just this single key that fails to respond and only when
the Shift key is pressed as well.  Any ideas?  Am I overlooking
something obvious?

Thanks for any informed suggestions that you might provide!

John