[Coco] DriveWire serial multiplexing

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Thu Mar 28 09:59:59 EDT 2013

If I recall, there are now DriveWire OS-9 drivers for virtual serial ports, that all communicate across the DW link. I am needing to multiplex a few serial streams across one port, and wanted to look in to how DW does it and see if I could do it in a compatible way.

From Googling, I have found a FAQ that seems outdated, since I  found another specification document listing faster baud rates achievable on the CoCo 1/2 using DW... And I found various other pages with project files and such, but I am not really sure where to go to find the spec. I just read through one (wow, lots of stuff in there I didn't know about) but it didn't talk about virtual serial streams.

Anyone care to teach me to fish and point me in the correct direction?

And what is a "becker port"? I keep seeing it referenced. CoCoFPGA related, I gather?
-
Allen Huffman - PO Box 22031 - Clive IA 50325 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
Sent from my iPad.