[Coco] C Compiler Executive -- Which one? One that works!

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Mar 27 21:38:02 EDT 2013

On Wednesday 27 March 2013 21:36:00 Joel Ewy did opine:

> I'm trying to get a C compiler working again after a very long time.
> I'm currently using a CoCo3 with a DriveWire 4 server.  The stock cc1 is
> hard coded to try to do something or other with /d1, which I do not
> want.  I know I once used a cc2 or some such that looked for everything
> on /dd.
>
> I thought I'd try cc2.5.2, but I'm having trouble unpacking it.  Two
> copies of the file with slightly different file names, from two
> different sources, but which cmp tells me are identical files (one from
> Gene's site and the other from rtsi.com) fail when I try to extract the
> binary with lha:
>
> Melting cc252.obj    ooooo.
> Can't read file : '../cc_2_5_2.lzh'
> LHA Error #2
> ERROR #001
>
> The other files in the archive extract just fine.  I retrieved both of
> them over DriveWire.  Can anybody else extract the binary from these
> files?  Do we have two bad copies of the file out there, or should I
> wade further into archiver hell and use some other program to try to
> extract cc252.obj?
> I would just go ahead and build it from the source file that did
> extract, but, something about chickens and eggs.
>
> Also tried Rick Adams' cc2, but it bombed out with
> "bad code in intermediate file: 69"
>
> JCE

I think its possible your lha is too old, IIRC it should be 2.11?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Look at it this way: Your wife's spending $280 a month on meditation
lessons to
forget $26,000 of college education. And you're still drinking ordinary
scotch?
I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
harder and harder to find any...