[Coco] Assmebler for NitrOS-9 source

David Ladd drencor at gamepixel.net
Wed Mar 27 01:42:56 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Bill Pierce <ooogalapasooo at aol.com> wrote:

> Ed,
> Last I checkd the nightly builds are back up (last weekend). The last
> build was in Jan by David Ladd (I think) and all builds have been suspended
> till the Microware issue is resolved (not really an "issue" but for the
> lack of another word...). There have been no changes (I think) since the
> last build and they seem to be stable as I have used a couple of them. And
> no... I'm a Mecurial noobie so I can't help with that. I still trying to
> figure it out myself.

This is correct.  As of the last nightly build there have been no changes
that have been posted to the repo so no need to run a nightly when there
are no changes to build.

As far as the assembler to use you will need to pull the current repo.  You
will need to use hg and do a "hg checkout lwtools-port"

You will also need to make sure you have the most current lwtools and have
them built.  There are still utilities that are in the toolshed project
that you will need as well so make sure you have the most current repo pull
for toolshed and built it as well.

Also don't forget to install lwtools after building and same goes for
toolshed.

Then just make sure you have the environment variable NITROS9DIR set to
where the nitros9 sources are stored on your system.

Then you should be able to build it with no problem.

As far as some of the 3rdparty stuff goes there are some items that are not
building, but some haven't been touched in years and others well just need
minor fixes.  Those will be taken care of hopefully once the Microware
stuff is taken care of.

Thanks,

Dave