[Coco] FD ROM Images

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Mon Mar 25 16:57:38 EDT 2013

Bill,

You can build what ever you want to. Learn from CF baseline, it is all there. It is complex.

The sIDE is more than capable of handling it, as long as you do it correctly.

I can tell that you don't understand the basis of operation/terminology, thus your confusion. ??? Everything is there, just put it all together and you'll be an expert.

I 'll admit that I haven't read the manual in quite sometime, nor will I be in the near future. No time...

You can't FLASH a .bin....or at least I don't because of the 5 byte header.

CF is a master... LBA is the method we talk to it. You could have a CHS master, then you will have to do something in the driver to tell it, to do CHS. All this you will need to know and figure out. Maybe your drive does both, maybe it only does one.....Don't know....Go look up the data on your drives and build the descriptors as needed. Watch the auto query bit in SuperDriver, can stomp on your HDB-DOS partition if you let it.

Good luck.

Back to development.....

Regards,

Mark