[Coco] [Color Computer] Doncha' just love these times

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Mar 25 11:57:23 EDT 2013

On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 10:45:11PM +1100, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 24/03/2013 6:46 AM, Juan Castro wrote:
>
> >This is exceedingly cool. Nice hack. And what a cool father. Lucky kid.
>
> They're coming out of the woodwork now. Apparently another guy did
> one of the Zelda games...
>
> >Shame he isn't releasing the patch.
>
> Someone mentioned that he had released the patch, though I must
> admit I couldn't find it myself.
>
> FTR it's the NES version, not the arcade version.

There is a link on Youtube in the description of his video.  It is in
xdelta3 format, for which I was pleasantly surprised to find a Linux
binary already packaged for Fedora.  It was only somewhat harder to
track down a ROM/warez site with the appropriate source .nes file
for modification...

I applied the patch and loaded it on my NES w/ my Powerpak card --
works great! :-)

John