[Coco] DriveWire 4.3.2 released

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Mar 25 01:31:54 EDT 2013

ATTENTION!!!
Anyone using Drivewire for Nitros9 will definitely want to get DriveWire version 4.3.2.
My latest NitrOS9 creation "DW4Man" will run ONLY with this version or higher.
When you see what this program will do, you'll find DriveWire has never been so easy to use.
Here's some features of the upcoming DW4Man:

Stable, working now: (PC= Personal Computer running Windows, Mac OS or Linux)
$ PC directory DSK & VHD utils:
* Modular programs for less memory use, though you will still need at least 512k. (256k untested)

* Browse the PC directories to all your DSK & VHD archives.
* Select your PC Root drives and brows through your PC.
* Scrollable menu view of your DSK and VHD PC directories FROM THE COCO!
* Up to 200 DSKs & VHDs in a PC directory are displayed (scrollable)
* All DSKs and VHDs mountable from the menu or be hitting enter and selecting "Mount".
* Database of up to 10 PC directory names saved to a default config file so you don't have to type them in or browse to them but once.
* Current directory being viewed can be added to the database and saved as one of the defaults.
* Search a directory for ANY (up to) 30 byte string to find your disks. Good for large 200 disk dirs.
* Virtual DW Disk functions for creating, reloading, saving, and ejecting virtual disks.

$DriveWire Midi Utils:
* View all midi device on your PC, from your Coco!
* View all Midi profiles
* Set your current DW Midi device
* Set your current Midi keyboard profile

$ Perks of DW4Man
* Perfect for RasPi & Arduino DW servers.

* Direct entry of Drivewire commands from the DW4Man console for the experts.
* On exit your original screen format and colors are returned.
* Should work on Windows, Mac, or Linux (Mac untested, Linux tested but not thoroughly, Windows stable)
* Simple one key commands and arrow key scrolling with pulldown menus
* Runs on 80 column hardware text screen to save memory
* Run my Sound Chaser Multi Format Music player direct from the DW4Man menu.
* Detailed instruction manual in PDF format

$ System Requirements:
* Coco 3 - 512k or higher
* NitrOS9 Level 2 (v 3.2.9 preferred) with DriveWire drivers and the /N1-13, /MIDI descriptors. CoWin or CoGraf driver
* PC or project board computer running DriveWire 4.3.2 on Windows, Mac, or Linux OS.
* Also runs on Becker port enabled emulators interfaced to DriveWire or DriveWire networks (same requirements as above)

$ Coming Soon (under construction, will not be ready for CocoFest)
* Complete OS-9 file manager with dual pane view of ANY drive installed on the NitrOS-9 system

* Browse your real HDs, Floppies, DW drives, SIDE drives and others
* Move, copy, delete files from one drive to another.
* View RSDOS virtual DSK contents when mounted in the DW console
* Copy RSDOS files to your OS-9 drives
* Copy raw Coco files from you PC to your OS-9 drives
* Download files from the internet direct to your OS-9 drives
* Screen color selector to customize your version of DW4Man
* NitrOS-9 Level 1 version
* HDBDOS/RGBDOS version

$ When can you get it?
* Dw4Man is currently in the final testing phases and the BIG DEBUT will be at The Coco Coding Contest for The Last Annual CocoFest in Chicago. It will also be released here on that day.
* I would love to release it now, but I want to spend the last month tweeking it so there will be no surprizes.

$ Cost you ask?
* Absolutely FREE for any Coco user.
* It will be downloadable from my website as well as many of the Coco archives after the release.

I have been working on this DW4Man since December of last year. It began as an offshoot of Sound Chaser and grew to be much more. I've put a lot of hours in this software including many extremely late nights... reminds me of the old days :-)
This only my second OS-9 C program (Sound Chaser was my 1st).... wait till I get going! I got plenty more ideas
Here is a link to the DW4Man blog and screenshots.

https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/dw4man

Take a look to see what's coming to CocoFest!

Bill P

Bill Pierce
ooogalapasooo at aol.com