[Coco] Mastering OS-9 on the Tandy Color Computer

Frank Swygert farna at amc-mag.com
Sun Mar 24 08:35:28 EDT 2013

Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 11:50:59 -0500 From: Brian G
<briang0671 at sbcglobal.net>

------------------------
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:16:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bill Pierce<ooogalapasooo at aol.com>

I've looked at 3 different scans by 3 different people and "Day 10" is
missing from all. Is it a possibility that "Day 10" was just on the
accompanying disks as a project?
I guess the real book would have to be checked, it may be a publishing
error

Anyone got a copy of "Mastering OS-9 on the Tandy Color Computer" ?
(the real book)
Also ask Frank Swygert... he did a reprint of it.

I have a paper copy of the book,  Farna Systems Publishing, 1995.
Page 148 is the start of Day Ten - GETTING STARTED WITH TUTORIAL 6.

I'll send these pages to John Mark. But how do we correct the other files.

Brian Goers

Preferably by scanning the whole book in. It's comb bound, so that wouldn't be too difficult. But in the meantime scan the missing pages and upload it to the CoCo-List archive as "MOS9-Day10.pdf" and it can be added to the Mastering OS-9 directory. Make a note stating that "this is the missing Day 10 lesson for the file xxxxxxx" (whatever the file names are -- there ar at least two on the list site) and scan that as the first page. Do put the copyright notice on that page (Copyright Farna Systems Publishing), and "Permission is granted to copy for personal use only" as well, if you don't mind. I haven't released any of my stuff into the public domain, I retain copyright on all but give permission for personal use. That's the best way I've found to do it for now.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine